Bespoke Health and Safety was established in 2010 by the founder Gary Smith as a better alternative for business wanting health and safety consultancy and training.
Since then then we have established a name for ourselves in providing quality consultancy that meets the needs of our customers and achieved our objectives in the first five years of operations. The company was incorporated in 2015 in preparation for our continuing growth.
In 2016 we gained accreditation to offer CITB course from our training centres and hope to become one of the main providers of accredited CITB courses in the country.
Key Skills, Abilities and Achievements
- Exemplary customer service skills at every level
- Nebosh examiner
- Attained BOHS P405 Sept 2014 ( Registered UKATA trainer)
- CITB, SSSTS, SEATS, SMSTS and Registered CITB Trainer
- Passed ISO 9001 lead Auditor course Feb 2013
- NEBOSH environmental diploma attained 2013
- PTILLS certificate attained April 2012
- NEBOSH Diploma attained 2010
- ISOH Managing Safely Certificate
- NEBOSH General Certificate attained 2005
- Practical Fire risk Assessment Certificate ( West Midlands Fire Service)
- First class field risk-assessment/COSHH/DSE/MH/ skills
- Workplace Noise Assessments
- Experience in writing generic and site specific method statements
- Fire Risk Assessments and Emergency Planning
- Full working knowledge of workplace Health & Safety Legislation
- Inspections, audits and follow-up report generation
- Construction site inspection and follow-up report generation
- Health & Safety consultation with Senior Management
- Trained in the operation of MHE (FLT, reach, counter balance and LLOP)
- Creation of both generic and specific Health & Safety documentation
- Presentation and delivery of Health and safety fire training courses, tutor on NEBOSH general certificate and IOSH working safely
- Involved with ISO 9001 accreditation process.
- Experience off working in various industry sectors i.e. Manufacturing, Engineering, Retail, Recycling/waste management, Construction and Logistic
Founder and general manager of Bespoke health and safety
- Implementation of COSHH management system for Major food manufacturer (Coca-Cola)
- CDM safety officer for Major UK car Manufacturer( Jaguar Land rover), undertaking site monitoring and supervision of contractors on site for construction project involving upgrades to existing buildings, Machinery and production lines in 2011 May to sept. Based 5 days a week on site for 6 months, duties included site inductions, tool box talks and disciplinary actions if not following site rules, Including adherence to site environmental management system.
- Audits/site inspection with reports detailing recommendations to improve site safety for Large construction Contractor across UK 2011.
- Site audits of waste transfer/recycling center 2011/12
- Competent adviser for local construction related business 2011-14 assisted clients with PQQ questionnaires.
- Attained supervisors safety training scheme (SSSTS), site managers safety training scheme (SMSTS) and site environmental awareness training scheme (SEATS) registered CITB trainer
- Employed by Warwickshire college as tutor on Health and safety Modules of B-tec courses
- Employed by NHBC as sub-contractor to undertake construction Site safety and environmental inspections/audits across midlands, including compilation of reports and offering advice to site Managers on ensuring legal compliance and implementing best practice. 3 months in 2013 ( as a cover for sickness)
- Assisted construction clients in developing and maintaining site waste Management plans and ensuring full compliance with all environmental legislation.
- Undertaken site environmental audits with reports recommending improvements to ensure compliance with environmental Law.
- Asbestos Management- Help major high street retailer in implementing a asbestos management plan for all its branches around uk, after advising all branches have Management surveys undertaken. Advised major manufacturing company on compilation of asbestos management plan and ongoing Management of asbestos, Advised various contractors/Builders in compiling pre-construction information for renovations, ie refurb and demo surveys and ensured information is passed to relevant contractors. In compliance with the law.
Developed and presented various health and safety training courses ie Asbestos awareness, ART assessment and manual handling, Nebosh tutor/examiner
General health, safety and fire consultancy and training provider